Conditions

Magic Pixel

I don't know if Iam breaking rules by strating a few threads, it's just that it's so quiet here (a lot of view but no sharing thoughts!)....
Is there a weight limit and age imit that's applicable in skydiving?

Jessi

No one is going to complain about new threads....we need them!!

And yes, there are. It depends on the place, but usually it's going to be something around 220-240 pounds (on the lower side for tandem). There are definitely places that allow up to 300 pounds, but you have to ask around. It's based on the parachute safety limits.

Hi, I found out during my search that there are actual not "Rules" for a weight limit. I have seen where I can do a tandem jump.
(I weight 250 pounds) and where I can not do it, because I am to heavy by there standards. So it look to me that they
can decide that themselves? Or is that depending on the material they use?

Jessi

I think they make it themselves. I'm sure part of it is dependent on the materials they use. The rest is likely based on their insurance requirements.

I think as well that it will depend on there insurance. But I still hope someone else here on the forum would have an answer for this. And about the insurance part. Do you have to take action on you own insurance if you are going to do a tandem jump ?

Seconding Jessi about the threads! Start 'em, share a view videos, stories, and experiences :)

Maybe it also depends on the type of instructor you're paired up with ? I'd recommend asking the different places how they decide their weight limit, then letting us know :) !