Fun, checking out the website where I am going to do first jump and see this!

I was checking out the website, where I am going to do my first jump next week. And I see this.
So there is a device that opens the parachute automatic. Okay. That is good. Hope everything works ... Because I think that I will forget out of fair to pull / trow the little thingy :-( But I have to tell, I am nervous about it .... Where you as scare the first time as I am. And I still want to do it. Is that strange?

6. What if I do not open the parachute?

The opening of the parachute is a very simple affair where you take a toggle attached to a pilot chute and throw it into the airflow; the parachute then opens in sequence. If you lost altitude awareness we would guide you through hand signals telling you to open the parachute and if you did not respond we would open it for you. You should also recognize that our parachutes are fitted with a computerized automatic activation device, which would open the parachute for you if all else failed.

Jessi

That's pretty awesome that not only do they have backup with hand signals....but an even further backup with a computerized system if you panic and don't pull it. That should give you some reassurance, right?

Not really, but I am just nervous about my first jump. I still plan to go do this. But every time I think, there can go something wrong?

Jessi

Do you second guess every time you step into a car? Being in a car/truck is a whole lot more risky, but because we do it every day often times, then it's normalized. I see this more like the first plane ride. Even though things occasionally happen, it's not that common and once you get on and going, you realize how awesome it is to be up that high.