Gear when you do this for the first time?

Hi all, have some beginner questions about skydiving. So, sorry if the answer are giving before.
When you do this for the first time, do you get then gear from the company where you going to do the skydiving. Do you rent it? And how clean is that ? Maybe strange questions, but as told before, I want to do this, and I am now looking for some basic information. Hope someone has some answers ...
Thanks

Jessi

The company will usually provide the jump suit. You wear your regular clothes underneath, so I wouldn't worry about it being dirty or anything. It's not going to touch any sensitive areas anyway. :)

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The part of touching "sensitive area" was not my biggest concern. But I do NOT want to smell the person who had it on the jump before. I found out that you have to rent it. (Cost $30 bucks) All is pretty expensive in the end. Tandem jump cost me about $350 with video and suit. (See my other post as well)

Jessi

Ew. That's starting to sound more expensive than it should.

I guess if the recording is $75 of that, though, and another $30 for the suit, then it starts adding up, huh?

Best of luck! It's great that everything is available - really reduces the stress of giving it a try. I wonder if you should wear mittens or a hat given that it's cold at such a high altitude.

teamrose

I know you have two parachutes, in case one doesn't open. I also heard you get to pack one of them yourself? If this is true, how long does it take to learn to properly pack a parachute? I think I would want 2 professionally packed chutes, but then again, if I knew with certainty that I could do it, would I be more comfortable on my jumps. I've been saving to do this on my birthday in March and I have a million questions. Finding this site was a Godsend.

Jessi

I know you have two parachutes, in case one doesn't open. I also heard you get to pack one of them yourself? If this is true, how long does it take to learn to properly pack a parachute? I think I would want 2 professionally packed chutes, but then again, if I knew with certainty that I could do it, would I be more comfortable on my jumps.

Depending on the place, yes, you can pack the main parachute while an instructor or professional rigger watches. The reserve 'chute is always done by a professional, though. And you can choose to have both packed professionally if you're not confident in your own packing skills.